Motor skills development in children
Motor skills are used everyday throughout our lives. They help us move and do everything from lifting heavy items to typing on a keyboard. Motor skills and motor control begin developing after birth, and will progress as children grow.
Having good motor control also helps children explore the world around them, which can help with many other areas of development.
As they get older, your little one will be working their motor skills every day just by going about their daily routine and getting more involved in activities! However, for infants and toddlers, they may need extra stimulation to work their motor skills. Make sure you are encouraging physical movement and development of these skills on a daily basis.
Children of 1-3 years of age should have following abilities
Play and Social Skills Abilities
- Is able to participate in small groups with other children
- Is interested, aware, and able to maintain eye contact with others
- Turns head in response to name being called
- Explores varied environments, such as a new playground
- Enjoys swinging on playground swings
- Is able to play in social situations after a transition time
- Enjoys swinging, being thrown in air, and roughhousing
- Enjoys playing with a variety of toys and textures
- Is able to locate objects of interest
- Is able to locate objects you are pointing to
- Enjoys playing with musical toys
- Enjoys playing with new toys in varied ways
- Usually plays with toys without mouthing them
- Enjoys sitting to listen or look at book
- Is able to participate in messy activities that result in dirty hands
- Enjoys and seeks out various ways to move and play
- Has adequate endurance and strength to play with peers
- Uses hands to help move from one position to another
- Coordinates movements needed to play and explore
- Usually walks with heel toe pattern and not primarily on toes
- Can maintain balance to catch ball or when gently bumped by peers
- Is able to walk and maintain balance over uneven surfaces
- Walks through a new room without bumping into objects and people
- Only leans on furniture, walls, or people and sits slumped over when tired
- Is able to throw and attempt to catch ball without losing balance
- Coordinates both hands to play, such as swinging a bat or opening a container
- Coordinates hand and fingers
Playschools and day care are a good source of developing motor skill among kids during the initial years. Activities like sorting, building blocks, balancing or some physical activities help children to achieve the milestone easily.
The Funpad ( play zone kids party bus ) provides a unique school incursion experience which can entertain kids for hours while developing their gross motor skills. As we have a play gym inside the bus which has all the exercise equipment like block buster,log ramps ,ball pit monkey bars, punching bags, triangle deck climbs ,web platforms ,bouncy web tube ,horizontal squeeze rollers ,cavern crawl Jumbo slide Vertical squeeze, dance floor/disco ,Soft play shapes pothole run-bus all these help children to develop their gross motor skills while playing.
Developing core skills of movement enhances confidence, flexibility and coordination; all while the kids are having fun and being active. Movement can also play an important role when kids are learning and growing. It assists with concentration, focus and engagement.
We can help plan your kids Birthday party /Event
The Funpad provides a unique incursion experience that can entertain kids for hours.
Explore, Discover, Grow
● Developing core skills of movement enhances confidence, flexibility and coordination; all while the kids are having fun and being active.
● Movement can also play an important role when kids are learning and growing. It assists with concentration, focus and engagement along with building their self-esteem.
- Corporate are always looking for options for family events where kids can play safely. The Funpad can entertain your guests aged 3-12 years on board. This gives parents a rest or the chance to look around and enjoy the event, knowing the children are being well supervised and are safe.
- Guest can also have peace of mind as kids are burning their energy on the bus rather than keeping their parents engaged
● The FunPad can entertain your guests aged 3-12 years on board.
● Children will be able to play the day/night away.
● Full time supervisor on board minding the kids, keeping them engaged and managing the queues by sending them on rotation basis in a group of 20 kids at a time
- Make your party a special one by giving both kids and parents time to enjoy with their friends.
- The FunPad can entertain your guests aged 3-12 years on board for hours.
- Children will be happily occupied in a safe environment, under supervision.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I book The FunPad Bus?
1. On our bookings page, choose the date and time you wish to host your event.
2. If the time slot is available, proceed through the online booking system.
3. If your preferred date and/or time is not available or you require a longer booking time, please telephone our office on
For Events or any other booking please contact us at email@example.com or call us on 0485867861
Does the bus drive around as part of the party?
How does it work for Events/Fetes/Charity?
● We manage the queue by letting in 20 kids at a time for 5-10 mins on rotation basis.
● Costs are determined by the travel distance plus the hourly hire rate.
● The Funpad can then be a FREE activity for children – Or – to cover costs, charge an entry fee, say $2.00 – $5.00.
● We can attend your event for the entirety of your celebration or only part of it.
● The choice is yours with packages tailored to your specific needs.
Does your Staff has working with children Check ?
How does it work for Birthday Parties ?
Do you have aircondition in the bus ?
Whats inside the Bus?
● Block buster
● Log ramps
● Ball pit
● Secret caves
● Monkey bars
● Punching bags
● Triangle deck climbs
● Web platforms
● Bouncy web tube
● Horizontal squeeze rollers
● Cavern crawl
● Spider bungee maze
● Jumbo slide
● Vertical squeeze
● Dance floor/disco
● Soft play shapes
● Pothole run