Keep children entertained during school holidays like a pro !!
As the school term ends, parents stress out just pondering over how to keep their kids engaged over the vacation.
As the work-home culture has further blurred the boundaries between work and family life, its even more challenging to keep the little ones entertained while being productive at work.
Vacation means increased screen time. On a mobile screen, you are not only reading but looking at constantly moving visuals and everything puts pressure on the eye. Even though it’s a convenient children entertainer, it might not be their good friend.
“The WHO says health and well-being require the engagement of kids on all the four levels- physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually”. So, parents need to ensure that they don’t end up focusing only on one aspect while ignoring others.
Like you meticulously plan a children birthday party for your children, how about a little planning to give them a holiday time as memorable as their birthday party?
Here are some quick tips to make the vacation planning not as stressful or expensive as it may sound in the first place:
- Make a team with your kids and give them their share of responsibilities in planning the entertainment activities during the holiday time.
- Like planning a children birthday party, come up with a budget for the kid holiday entertainment and share it with your kids.
- Ask your kids to come up with fun activity ideas that are well within the financial budget and time constraints of the family
- Let them write the ideas/activities on cards and add them to a fishbowl or ballot box
- Every family member can take turns in drawing out an activity card and plan the day accordingly.
- Encourage kids to write a diary on their holiday experience as this wonderful habit will help them engage and communicate with themselves.
Some of the examples of activities to be added to the fishbowl:
- Plan a children party to celebrate the start of the holidays at home or some children party places
- let your kids come up with some fun party ideas
- Visit a play zone or play centre
- Dutch in with friends and relatives to hire a mobile Playcentre, like TheFunpad , for a couple of hours
- A theme-based art & craft day
- A lego day
- Visit some kid events in Melbourne
- Check out “What’s on Melbourne” to stay abreast of all the free events around Melbourne
- Plan family picnics with friends and relatives
- Checkout “The Melbourne Kid” to stay be in the know of all the cool parks and playgrounds
- Summer holidays are great to plan a beach outing
- Camping in your backyard or living space
- Just dim the lights, put up a tent and toast some marshmallows and the fun will keep rolling in
- A baking day
- Nothing can beat the fun kids get with some flour and eggs, don’t forget those chocolate chips and sprinkles
- An outdoor day in the backyard
- How about repurposing some outdoor party ideas and birthday party games to keep kids entertained in the backyard during holidays?
In short, all you need is to treat your young ones like little grownups. Empower them, give them responsibilities in planning as well as cleaning up. Most of all, get really involved with your children’s daily lives and engage with their emotional side like a children entertainer.
Don’t stress out at the onset of holidays and but see them as an opportunity to bond and connect with kids. These engaging are very crucial in their growing phase.
We can help plan your kids Birthday party /Event
The Funpad can help make your child’s birthday even more special by providing entertainment at your child’s birthday party. The Funpad is a fully refurbished double-decker bus, fitted with the highest quality soft play equipment that comes to YOU, wherever you are, rain, hail or shine. Fully climate controlled, The FunPad provides you with a safe, unique and fun entertainment option, designed for children 3-12 years.
Give teachers a well-deserved rest!! Let us share some load.
The Funpad provides a unique incursion experience that can entertain kids for hours.
Explore, Discover, Grow
● Developing core skills of movement enhances confidence, flexibility and coordination; all while the kids are having fun and being active.
● Movement can also play an important role when kids are learning and growing. It assists with concentration, focus and engagement along with building their self-esteem.
Happy parents, happy party guests, happy you
- Corporate are always looking for options for family events where kids can play safely. The Funpad can entertain your guests aged 3-12 years on board. This gives parents a rest or the chance to look around and enjoy the event, knowing the children are being well supervised and are safe.
- Guest can also have peace of mind as kids are burning their energy on the bus rather than keeping their parents engaged
Are you looking for a unique entertainment option for your youngest guests?
● The FunPad can entertain your guests aged 3-12 years on board.
● Children will be able to play the day/night away.
● Full time supervisor on board minding the kids, keeping them engaged and managing the queues by sending them on rotation basis in a group of 20 kids at a time
Give a unique wedding entertainment option for your youngest guests!!
- Make your party a special one by giving both kids and parents time to enjoy with their friends.
- The FunPad can entertain your guests aged 3-12 years on board for hours.
- Children will be happily occupied in a safe environment, under supervision.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I book The FunPad Bus?
For Birthday Bookings on weekend, you can book it yourself online at our booking page. You can book in 3 easy steps
1. On our bookings page, choose the date and time you wish to host your event.
2. If the time slot is available, proceed through the online booking system.
3. If your preferred date and/or time is not available or you require a longer booking time, please telephone our office on
For Events or any other booking please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0485867861
Does the bus drive around as part of the party?
No, The FunPad remains stationary for the entirety of the party or event.
How does it work for Events/Fetes/Charity?
● Event organizers can hire the Funpad for the duration of the event (minimum 3 hours).
● We manage the queue by letting in 20 kids at a time for 5-10 mins on rotation basis.
● Costs are determined by the travel distance plus the hourly hire rate.
● The Funpad can then be a FREE activity for children – Or – to cover costs, charge an entry fee, say $2.00 – $5.00.
● We can attend your event for the entirety of your celebration or only part of it.
● The choice is yours with packages tailored to your specific needs.
Does your Staff has working with children Check ?
Yes, all our staff have working with children check
How does it work for Birthday Parties ?
We arrive 5-10 mins early to park and set up the bus, Kids enter by sanitizing their hands and the driver/host tells them the rules and introduces what’s inside the bus. Kids explore the bus for the first few minutes and then the driver starts playing games/activities to keep the kids engaged while they are on the bus.
Do you have aircondition in the bus ?
Yes, The Funpad bus is fully airconditioned and self-powered, so no need to provide the power source.
Whats inside the Bus?
The Funpad is jam-packed with certified soft play equipment and is sure to entertain. some of the things kids find inside are
● Block buster
● Log ramps
● Ball pit
● Secret caves
● Monkey bars
● Punching bags
● Triangle deck climbs
● Web platforms
● Bouncy web tube
● Horizontal squeeze rollers
● Cavern crawl
● Spider bungee maze
● Jumbo slide
● Vertical squeeze
● Dance floor/disco
● Soft play shapes
● Pothole run