How to help kids to make new friends
Spending your holiday in a rental house or a swanky hotel may not give you and your children the same opportunities to meet new friends as perhaps around a resort pool, in the kids play area or BBQ area or while camping. So choose your venue carefully with the kids in mind. Find a campsite with kid friendly play areas with giant inflatable pillows or The Funpad like play areas.
In School holidays we can send the kids to School incursions or holiday programme in your neighbourhood, can help kids to make new friends from neighbourhood, which will be helpful for them to have friends around.
Someone moved in your neighbourhood, and they have children of your kids age, you can invite them for dinner or on your kid’s birthday party. Where the kids can be comfortable and mingle fast while enjoying.
Do however; check out potential new friends thoroughly from a distance before jumping in to ask them around for dinner. The kids might get along swimmingly, but Mum might never stop talking and Dad might like a beer or 10. Once you befriend another family you might find it harder than you think to avoid them if you decide they are not really your type. Maybe, help the kids make new friends first, while you suss out the parents.
We once invited a couple to afternoon drinks when our children became friends with theirs. They left at 2:30 in the morning and we were left with an empty fridge. We politely declined when they asked if we were up for a repeat performance the next day. Tip: don’t befriend anyone who carries a personalised stubby holder in his or her back pocket!
Don’t worry if your friendship does continue after the hotel checkout or the campsite. For better or worse you and your children’s lives have been enriched by the experience. Perhaps invite your newfound friends to exchange details and contact them if they are ever in your neck of the woods, and leave it at that.
The children might be broken hearted temporarily, but remind them that a new BFF could be as close as the next campsite or the next holiday.
We can help plan your kids Birthday party /Event
The Funpad provides a unique incursion experience that can entertain kids for hours.
Explore, Discover, Grow
● Developing core skills of movement enhances confidence, flexibility and coordination; all while the kids are having fun and being active.
● Movement can also play an important role when kids are learning and growing. It assists with concentration, focus and engagement along with building their self-esteem.
- Corporate are always looking for options for family events where kids can play safely. The Funpad can entertain your guests aged 3-12 years on board. This gives parents a rest or the chance to look around and enjoy the event, knowing the children are being well supervised and are safe.
- Guest can also have peace of mind as kids are burning their energy on the bus rather than keeping their parents engaged
● The FunPad can entertain your guests aged 3-12 years on board.
● Children will be able to play the day/night away.
● Full time supervisor on board minding the kids, keeping them engaged and managing the queues by sending them on rotation basis in a group of 20 kids at a time
- Make your party a special one by giving both kids and parents time to enjoy with their friends.
- The FunPad can entertain your guests aged 3-12 years on board for hours.
- Children will be happily occupied in a safe environment, under supervision.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I book The FunPad Bus?
1. On our bookings page, choose the date and time you wish to host your event.
2. If the time slot is available, proceed through the online booking system.
3. If your preferred date and/or time is not available or you require a longer booking time, please telephone our office on
For Events or any other booking please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0485867861
Does the bus drive around as part of the party?
How does it work for Events/Fetes/Charity?
● We manage the queue by letting in 20 kids at a time for 5-10 mins on rotation basis.
● Costs are determined by the travel distance plus the hourly hire rate.
● The Funpad can then be a FREE activity for children – Or – to cover costs, charge an entry fee, say $2.00 – $5.00.
● We can attend your event for the entirety of your celebration or only part of it.
● The choice is yours with packages tailored to your specific needs.
Does your Staff has working with children Check ?
How does it work for Birthday Parties ?
Do you have aircondition in the bus ?
Whats inside the Bus?
● Block buster
● Log ramps
● Ball pit
● Secret caves
● Monkey bars
● Punching bags
● Triangle deck climbs
● Web platforms
● Bouncy web tube
● Horizontal squeeze rollers
● Cavern crawl
● Spider bungee maze
● Jumbo slide
● Vertical squeeze
● Dance floor/disco
● Soft play shapes
● Pothole run