This means that:
Having free kinder supports every Victorian child to get the best start in life no matter where they live. It is strongly encouraged that all children attend kinder programs for two years before school as a crucial part of their educational journey.
These major new initiatives are in addition to the roll-out of Three-Year-Old Kindergarten across the state. The Victorian Government is investing $5 billion over the decade to deliver 15 hours per week of Three-Year-Old Kindergarten for every child.
Free Kindergartens in Victoria 2023
Free Three- and Four-Year-Old Kinder will be available across Victoria at participating services in 2023 at both long day care and sessional (standalone) services.
Free Kinder means more Victorian children can have the best start in life, no matter where they live:
- For three-year-olds, this means from 5 and up to 15 hours per week of a kindergarten program
- For four-year-olds, this means 15 hours per week (600 hours a year)
- Free Kinder means a saving of up to $2,500 per child, each year, and also means more than 28,000 Victorians can return to work, including almost 26,600 of which are women.
- Participating kindergarten programs will receive funding directly from the Victorian Government, so families are not out of pocket (and don’t have to claim the savings back). If your child attends a kindergarten program within a long day care setting, free kinder a $2,000 Free Kinder subsidy will offset the kindergarten program component of your out-of-pocket fees.
- Long day care centres will be required to pass on the full amount to parents as a direct reduction in their out-of-pocket fees. This will provide a free program for some families and a significantly reduced cost for other families, depending on service fees, number of days attended, and the amount of Commonwealth subsidy received.
Make Everyday A New Adventure
When to start Three- and Four- Year-Old Kindergarten
Use the Starting Age Calculator to enter your child’s birth date to find out what year they can start Three- and Four-Year-Old Kindergarten.
Top of Form
Date of birth
Bottom of Form
Families with children born between January and April can choose which year to start Three-Year-Old kindergarten. These children can start in the same year they turn three, or in the year they turn four years of age.
Due to staffing requirements, some services may ask that children start attending kindergarten only after their third birthday party. This may mean that some children may not start attending their kindergarten program until part-way into Term 1.
If your child will turns six in late December (between the last day of the school year and 31 December), they can attend Four-Year-Old Kindergarten in that year and attend school the following year.
When your child starts at kindergarten directly relates to the age they will start at primary school. Speak to your local services about the best time for your child to start at Three-Year-Old Kindergarten.
What you need to know
There are a few things you need to know when making this decision:
Kindergarten services are required to have a different ratio of staff to children, this will vary depending on the children’s agesSome services might not have the number of staff needed to accommodate two-year-olds. For these services, your child must have turned three before they can attendIf your child turns three by 30 April and you would like them to start kindergarten that year, you should can still enrol your child. Services will hold your child’s place until they are old enough to attend.If you have any questions, contact your local kindergarten service. Services can contact email@example.com for more information.
Look for the Kinder Tick when choosing a kindergarten service
Choosing a quality kindergarten service will ensure your child gets the most from their time at kindergarten.
The Kinder Tickhelps Victorian families find a funded kindergarten program for their children.
Look for the Kinder Tick logo at your local childcare or kinder service, on the service or centre’s building or grounds, on their website or in their information materials.
You may wish to visit a service or centre to meet staff to help you decide which service will best suit your child.
Here we shared all information about the kindergarten you need to know, and after his /her 3rd birthday party all set to go to kindergarten. Going to kindergarten brings all the new life in your little one’s life, fun-activities, socializing , making friends, kindergarten incursion programme and lots more.
We can help plan your kids Birthday party /Event
The Funpad can help make your child’s birthday even more special by providing entertainment at your child’s birthday party. The Funpad is a fully refurbished double-decker bus, fitted with the highest quality soft play equipment that comes to YOU, wherever you are, rain, hail or shine. Fully climate controlled, The FunPad provides you with a safe, unique and fun entertainment option, designed for children 3-12 years.
Give teachers a well-deserved rest!! Let us share some load.
The Funpad provides a unique incursion experience that can entertain kids for hours.
Explore, Discover, Grow
● Developing core skills of movement enhances confidence, flexibility and coordination; all while the kids are having fun and being active.
● Movement can also play an important role when kids are learning and growing. It assists with concentration, focus and engagement along with building their self-esteem.
Happy parents, happy party guests, happy you
- Corporate are always looking for options for family events where kids can play safely. The Funpad can entertain your guests aged 3-12 years on board. This gives parents a rest or the chance to look around and enjoy the event, knowing the children are being well supervised and are safe.
- Guest can also have peace of mind as kids are burning their energy on the bus rather than keeping their parents engaged
Are you looking for a unique entertainment option for your youngest guests?
● The FunPad can entertain your guests aged 3-12 years on board.
● Children will be able to play the day/night away.
● Full time supervisor on board minding the kids, keeping them engaged and managing the queues by sending them on rotation basis in a group of 20 kids at a time
Give a unique wedding entertainment option for your youngest guests!!
- Make your party a special one by giving both kids and parents time to enjoy with their friends.
- The FunPad can entertain your guests aged 3-12 years on board for hours.
- Children will be happily occupied in a safe environment, under supervision.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I book The FunPad Bus?
For Birthday Bookings on weekend, you can book it yourself online at our booking page. You can book in 3 easy steps
1. On our bookings page, choose the date and time you wish to host your event.
2. If the time slot is available, proceed through the online booking system.
3. If your preferred date and/or time is not available or you require a longer booking time, please telephone our office on
For Events or any other booking please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0485867861
Does the bus drive around as part of the party?
No, The FunPad remains stationary for the entirety of the party or event.
How does it work for Events/Fetes/Charity?
● Event organizers can hire the Funpad for the duration of the event (minimum 3 hours).
● We manage the queue by letting in 20 kids at a time for 5-10 mins on rotation basis.
● Costs are determined by the travel distance plus the hourly hire rate.
● The Funpad can then be a FREE activity for children – Or – to cover costs, charge an entry fee, say $2.00 – $5.00.
● We can attend your event for the entirety of your celebration or only part of it.
● The choice is yours with packages tailored to your specific needs.
Does your Staff has working with children Check ?
Yes, all our staff have working with children check
How does it work for Birthday Parties ?
We arrive 5-10 mins early to park and set up the bus, Kids enter by sanitizing their hands and the driver/host tells them the rules and introduces what’s inside the bus. Kids explore the bus for the first few minutes and then the driver starts playing games/activities to keep the kids engaged while they are on the bus.
Do you have aircondition in the bus ?
Yes, The Funpad bus is fully airconditioned and self-powered, so no need to provide the power source.
Whats inside the Bus?
The Funpad is jam-packed with certified soft play equipment and is sure to entertain. some of the things kids find inside are
● Block buster
● Log ramps
● Ball pit
● Secret caves
● Monkey bars
● Punching bags
● Triangle deck climbs
● Web platforms
● Bouncy web tube
● Horizontal squeeze rollers
● Cavern crawl
● Spider bungee maze
● Jumbo slide
● Vertical squeeze
● Dance floor/disco
● Soft play shapes
● Pothole run